Am I the only one dreaming of summer days? The start of summer marks the need for new bathing suits, and while swimsuit shopping can be stressful, there is truly a style for everyone.
To help you limit your options, here is a list of the most popular women's bathing suit designs.
1. Bikinis: Bikinis are a popular choice for women's swimwear. Don't shy away from a bikini as there are so many flattering styles to choose from, the classic triangle top to bandeau tops, ruffle sleeve bikini tops, ruffle bottoms, and even bottoms with complete coverage.
2. One-pieces: This style is not only for those who want coverage anymore, but if you are looking for coverage, one-pieces are a terrific choice. They come in a variety of designs, from the traditional to the fashionable "monokini" (a one-piece with cutouts on the side) and even high-neck one-piece and long-sleeve swimsuit options.
3. High-Waisted: High-waisted bathing suits offer a vintage vibe and are excellent for people who want to minimize their tummy area. High-waisted bathing suits are flattering on everyone and come in both one and two-piece styles.
4. Tankinis: Similar to one-piece swimsuits, tankinis are made up of a tank top and a bottom. They are an excellent choice for a modest look if you plan on being more active in your swimwear or want to transition from bathing suit to streetwear easily. You can find sporty and feminine ruffle tankinis too!
5. Halter Tops: The classic halter top design of a bikini top ties at the neck and exposes the back and shoulders. This style is great for tanning as it leaves the back open. Halter top bathing suits are not reserved for sexy triangle tops but are available on almost every bathing suit top, including bandeau swimsuit tops and tankinis.
6. One-shoulder: One-shoulder swimwear has a strap that crosses one shoulder and exposes the other shoulder. The one-sleeve ruffled bikini has recently become popular, and many styles are adjustable too. The one-shoulder swimsuit can be found in every style, from a one-piece to a bikini.
7. Cut-out: The cut-out made its debut in the 1980s, and it's back in a whole new way. This abstract design is popping up everywhere and is sure to help you stand out on the beach. The cut-outs can be found on the sides, front, or back of the garment, and they are commonly referred to as a monkini.They come in one-piece and bikini styles.
8. Sporty: If you are planning to swim and play beach volleyball or other activities, you should choose comfortable, sporty bathing suits. They are usually made of a strong, stretchy fabric and come in one-piece or bikini shapes.
So there you have it; we've moved on from only one and two-piece looks. Diversify your swimwear collection to include ruffle sleeve bathing suits, sexy, strappy one-pieces, and vintage high-waisted styles.